Friday, January 14, 2011

Workouts II

I just realized that I displayed the last post without providing a refresher about surge training, for this, I apologize.  For those who forgot about or never even read the much older posts about surge training, I want to give a brief refresher.  To do surge training, you do an intense activity for 20 seconds and then you rest for 20 seconds as the couple did in the video in the last post.  Keep this up for 3 to 6 minutes.  You can do the same activity, but I like to choose different activities.  For example, I may run in place for 20 seconds and then rest for 20 seconds before I do squats for another 20 seconds and so on.  Remember to stretch before and after your workout as I've instructed in a prior post, again I feel this is most important because it will reduce the chance of injury. 

I will be showing more videos to offer more "tools" or activities for you to use in future posts.  In the last video the couple showed two activities; the run and punch and another activity they called the stratosphere.  So right now you have two great "tools" to store in your "exercise toolbox".  The more tools you have, the more you can vary your workout.  I find that when I vary my workout I don't get board and I utilize more muscles so more of my body can benefit from the workout.  Once I provide enough tools, you can choose different ones to use from day to day in order to sculpt your way to a fitter you!

No comments:

Post a Comment