Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Getting fit is number two of the top ten most popular New Year’s resolutions according to Albrecht Powel of about.com.  As an aerobics instructor, I remember how my class barely had three or four people in the months of November and December.  Then in January, my classes were always packed. 

The biggest changes that I’ve made in my life started with baby steps.  I wanted to have a healthy lifestyle since I was a young teen.  I admit that I’m still not where I want to be, but I have come a very long way since.  My first baby step was to stop drinking sodas and sugary juices.  That was actually the easy part for me because by the time I was ready to quit drinking those things, I was already in the habit of drinking a lot of water.  Increasing water intake also helped my husband quit his diet soda habit much more quickly too.  From there, I started cutting out the foods and habits that didn’t contribute to my health and started increasing foods and habits that greatly contributed to my health.  Years later, I am where I am now. 

This year, let us not attempt these huge crazy changes.  Your old life will just look too good and too easy to run back to.  Look into taking baby steps.  Have a January resolution, maybe start drinking more water.  That way when you slip- slide, it isn’t as though you have a huge mountain to climb all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment