Sunday, January 9, 2011

Healing Foods: Aloe

Aloe is yet another type of food that saved my health.  Once I learned about it, it became one of those foods that I depend upon. 

A few years ago, I had felt this sharp, painful, burning sensation in my stomach.  I didn’t know what it was.  I didn’t know about the wonderful ND in my area at the time, so I called a friend in Arizona who practiced medicine.  I told her that I suspected that it was an ulcer.  She told me that if it is an ulcer then aloe can repair it.  She instructed me to take a spoonful of aloe gel in the morning before breakfast (I can’t remember if it was a teaspoon or tablespoon), and again on an empty stomach before bed for a few days.  I still can’t believe it, but it worked.  I now drink glasses of aloe juice and gel by the ounce when I can as a treat. 

Aloe juice and gel are sold in health food stores everywhere.  I usually choose the aloe juice or gel that is sold in a glass container to avoid the use of eating or drinking out of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment