Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Over the weekend...

On Saturday morning I had a horrible migraine and I felt queasy.  It was hard to tell if the migraine brought on the queasiness or if the queasiness brought on the migraine at first.  I was trying to figure out if I was poisoned or dehydrated.  Well, I had some choices:  I could just let my illness run its course or I could try and fight.  I really don’t like getting stomach illnesses that involve any kind of purging, so I decided to fight.

I put two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a tall glass of water.  I just sipped it over the course of an hour or two.  After a few hours, the queasiness went away which told me that I had either a viral or bacterial poisoning.  Apple cider vinegar kills both.

I still felt like my stomach was too weak to eat normal foods on Saturday, so I sipped on some coconut water all evening after the queasiness went away.  I stuck with toast and millet on Sunday, just in case my stomach was still too weak.  On Monday I was able to eat normally and my migraine had faded enough for me to use the computer again (the light from the monitor makes my migraines worse).

I'm now sure that the food poisoning set off the migraine because the migraine did not conform to it's usual pattern.  Over the last few months, if I had a migraine it was very faint because of the therapy I'm going through; this one was bad.  Normally, the bad migraines take about four days or more to go away, this one faded as my stomach slowly healed.

I wanted share what happened since it was a health issue and it may be helpful if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation.  Thank you all for your patience.  I will resume posting regularly now that I am well again.  

Be well my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment