Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sugar

In a normal American diet sugar is one of the most difficult ingredients to avoid.  It is in just about everything.  The foods you least expect to have sugar, often have sugar.

According to Natural Health magazine there are many reasons why you need to address and remedy a sugar addiction.  Sugar can tamper with the nervous system and promote anxiety.  Addictions to sugar can lead to vitamin B deficiencies ending in depression or the exacerbation of depression.  Excess sugar creates a greater demand for insulin which can lead to insulin resistance which can end in weight gain and type II diabetes.  If you get migraines, have fibromyalgia or any kind of learning disability one of the worst things that you can do for yourself is maintain a diet high in sugar.  Vaginal yeast infections and Candida both LOVE bodies that are filled with sugar because yeast feeds on it. 

What are some ways to wean yourself off of sugar?

4 comments:

  1. ONE OF THE OBVIOUS WAYS IS NOT BUY "JUNK FOODS". PERSONALLY, I KNOW IT'S A HARD THING TO DO. I LOVE NUTELLA. IT'S A CHOCOLATE SPREAD. WHEN I DO EAT IT I JUST BLAME MY NEWPHEW FOR IT. HE LOVES IT AS WELL. I'VE READ A STUDY WHERE IF ONE GOES FOOD SHOPPING HUNGRY THEN ONE TENDS TO BUY MORE "JUNK FOODS" SO I MAKE SURE I EAT BEFORE I GO FOOD SHOPPING.
    "

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good point. Cutting the junk foods may significantly reduce the sugar in your diet. However, there are some items labeled as “health food” that is also loaded with sugar. With this in mind I would also like to suggest cutting down on processed foods or at least reading labels before you buy. I won’t lie, that won’t be easy and it may not happen overnight; but you will thank yourself if you can accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I allow myself 1 cup of coffe daily without sugar also 3 cups of tea also without sugar.It takes about 2 weeks to get used to the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Now, after years of drinking tea without sugar, I don't believe I would enjoy a sweetened cup of tea anymore; unless it's a fruit tea that is naturally sweet.

    ReplyDelete