Thursday, January 27, 2011

Air Fresheners

I know every household and office have their days when air freshener is just necessary.  Restrooms get stinky or that guy in the next cubicle brought his potent smelling mystery meat that he made for lunch again.  Of course when he microwaves the darn thing EVERYONE has to suffer.  Many love Lysol for its air freshening quality and because it is a germ killer as well.  But I hold my breath when this is sprayed.  For years I've known that it's toxic.  I didn't know what about it was bad, but my whole body reacts to such products.  Finally, I read an article about a suspicion that air fresheners can be partially responsible for breast cancer.  Although I haven’t read or heard about any studies that show that paraben causes cancer; paraben has been found in breast cancer tumors.  This is one of many reasons why I stick to natural products.  Paraben doesn’t have any significant place in the air and in our lungs and bloodstream, so let’s just not put it there.

My husband did some research on natural odor absorbers when we went house hunting.  We found a very nice house (in every other way) but it stunk to high heavens of cigarette smoke.  One thing he found that surprised me was charcoal.  Most people know about baking soda.  In a scenario like the one I mentioned above, you may want something that works more quickly.  There are air freshening sprays available that don’t contain the parabens or any other harsh toxins.

Don’t stick to the common products because you think you have to.  Introduce the natural products to your peers so that you don’t have to inhale the toxin infested junk that everyone is so used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment