Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cosmetics/ Moisturizers

I used to use all natural lotions to moisturize, but I stopped doing that because there are many natural moisturizers that are far closer to their natural form.

There are three that I use these days; coco butter, shea butter and coconut oil.  Coco butter is one of my favorites.  I read an article that suggests coco butter for your skin when you are pregnant to reduce stretch marks.  I scrape some out of its container (coco butter is very hard when it is cool) and then make a butter bar from it, then I rub the bar on my skin.  It has this nice chocolaty smell that I love.   Shea butter is suggested for the same purpose.  The good thing about the shea butter that I use, is that it's not as hard as the coco butter so you can use it right out of its container.   I’ve used it in my hair as a conditioner as well.  My hair is so dry that it can tolerate shea butter without getting greasy providing that I put it in my hair while my hair is still wet.  Coconut oil I use for the same purpose; as a moisturizer and a hair conditioner.  I’ve been using the coconut oil more often than the other two recently.  I just love the smell, I love what it does for my skin and hair and the best thing about it is the price.

There are lotions out there that are pretty good, however, if you're like me and you would prefer something closer to its natural form, try my suggestions. As always comments, questions and furthermores are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment