Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Memorable MD

There is one MD in the world that I do remember receiving healthcare from.  A friend of mine referred me to him.  She told me that although he was trained as a traditional medical doctor his practices were closer to naturopathic.  He gave drugs if he felt they were necessary.  I needed a doctor at the time because it was the first time that I was struck with bronchitis and as scared as I was to see a doctor, I knew I had to and I didn’t know of ANY NDs in my area.  I knew that I didn’t need antibiotics, but I didn’t know what it was that I did need to heal.  This MD told me exactly what I needed to do and he never mentioned the need for antibiotics.  That is an MD that I would see again if I needed to.  To make it obvious that my health was all that he cared about, knowing that I was a broke college student with no health insurance at the time and knowing that I couldn’t move from my bed because of my pain and fever; he advised me over the phone and never charged me a penny.

For all of the MDs that that feel insulted or offended by things that I have said about traditional medicine, I am simply being honest about my experiences in life.  My parents praise the ones that were there for me when I was a baby or a child for many things that they have done to improve my health.  I can’t give my opinion on those doctors because I don’t remember them.  All the other MDs that I dealt with personally, especially the ones that I had to deal with in my adulthood, were simply not healthcare providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment