Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alternative Medicine (Part III)

You will rarely read anything on this blog that praises the pharmaceutical industry, yet I’m careful not to blast them too abominably.  As I've mentioned repetitively, in some cases their products are necessary or even better than any alternative.  I do believe, however, that the pharmaceutical industry has gained much too much power in the world of healthcare.  

Every third person I knew in elementary school had their tonsils taken out.  I would be surprised if those individuals didn’t have health issues today.  Then there is the whole vaccine fiasco.  The sad part is, vaccines could actually be VERY effective if only they would (to quote Jenny McCarthy) “take the crap out” and use safer methods to vaccinate our children.  Then there is the whole disappointment with fluoridation; putting a toxic poison in our water supply to protect rotting teeth.  Meanwhile fluoride has done nothing for teeth; except offer a grand welcome to the world of fluoridosis and other health problems as well.  My dentist doesn’t push fluoride on me.  He admits that fluoride doesn’t make our teeth better and certainly will not use fluoride infested products in my mouth per my request.

Again, when drugs are needed, I will take them.  I'm just sad about what healthcare has become.  Healthcare is about which drugs will make you better.  That is a poor perspective if you ask me.  The physicians who practice naturopathic medicine try to find the root of the problem and then try to figure out what the body needs to heal.  This is the method I will continue to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment