Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whole Food Vitamin Products

I have a few whole food vitamin product faves.  I don’t choose one over the other because of quality; they are all of high quality.  I may, however, choose one over the other from time to time more because of availability and price. 

Garden of life is one of my favorites.  They produce raw, organic whole food vitamins.  They also have other supplements that I’ve tried; these tablets made from dark leafy green vegetables.  They were just to add some extra nutrients from dark leafy greens which are some of the best foods that we could eat.  New Chapter is another favorite and it happens to be the one I am taking now.  I’m taking their fish oil, multi and occasionally their probiotics.  Juice Plus is a supplement that my doctor takes and approves of.  My understanding is that it is like a big salad in a pill.  When I am sick or fasting in addition to my normal daily supplements I also drink stinging nettle tea with rose hips.  A doctor told me about this when I was fasting and not getting enough vitamins.  I usually buy loose nettle tea and loose rose hip tea.  I often mix them with other herbs such as green tea or dried goji berries for flavor, extra nutrients or both.

So these are a few suggestions for those of you who are ready to stop taking the crystallized vitamins.  If you know of any other products, again, I’m open to comments, questions and “furthermores”.

No comments:

Post a Comment