Monday, January 24, 2011

Health and Politics: A Personal Statement

I know that what I’ve presented on this blog so far has probably placed vaccines, the CDC, the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry in a very poor light.  Even though I question some of the decisions they made and I can’t understand why they withhold information sometimes, people do things for a reason.  In situations like this, as irresponsible as some of their actions were, I’m not trying to personalize it and state that people are doing it to be evil.

There are countless theories out in the world wide web that the government is conspiring to make us all sick.  Now I admit due to some VERY irresponsible decisions the government has made, there is some pretty damning evidence out there.  However, as bad as things may look for the government, I'm not on board with this suspicion.  In every conspiracy, there is a leader with a motive for his/her agenda.  Why would anyone in the government make deliberate attempts to make their own children sick?  On the same token, allowing fluoridation in the water supply, allowing thimerosal in vaccines and not conducting further observations of the ramifications of these actions all makes these conspiracy theorists look pretty convincing.

I'm curious about some of your thoughts.  Please comment or email me some feedback, I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment