Monday, January 3, 2011

More on Health and Politics

Because of lack of clarity in my last post on health and politics, I felt that it was necessary to revisit this issue and make a few things clearer. 

First, I’ve said several times that not all MDs are bad doctors and I meant that with all my heart.  For example, I don’t believe that all of the physicians that Gary Null spoke of that helped patients defeat the AIDS virus were all NDs.  I am willing to bet that at least some of them were MDs that paid attention to good science and refused some of the junk science that pharmaceutical companies broadcast in mass media.  I can even attest to the fact that I, myself, was fortunate to receive care from one MD in New York that really practiced what I felt the fundamentals of healthcare should be.  I LOVED this doctor and would trust my health to him even on this very day.  Yes, I said I would trust this MD on this very day.

My problem is with the junk sciences that I mentioned in this very post.  I also want to clarify that it isn’t ALL of (what I so called) the “bad” MDs who are conducting or even believe in the junk science.  I would even go further to say that I KNOW of MDs that are disgusted by some of these junk sciences and wish for a better way.  I don’t blame them for the way healthcare is in this country.  The problem is if I am a scientist who wants something accepted by the general public like the whole “vaccines are safe” hoopla, then I’m going to do what I need to in order to prove that what I say is true, even if it isn’t.  There are probably millions or even billions of dollars to be made from vaccines, AZT, antibiotics, Ritalin, Dexedrine and antidepressant medications.  All of this money gives the pharmaceutical companies a lot of power.  They can afford enough loudmouths that lobby for their way and junk science to back them up.  If they crow loud enough (which they obviously do) the government will listen.  Therefore the fact that there are better ways to treat or even cure the diseases that these drugs were made for are barely even noticed and, when noticed, disregarded because the pharmaceutical way is what has been advertised, broadcasted and widely accepted as good healthcare based on science. 

An MD’s medical practice, whether he/she likes it or not, is heavily influenced by pharmaceutical companies.  This is a fact, even though there are many MDs like the one I saw in New York who don’t fall victim to it.  THIS is what scares me, THIS is what I run from and THIS is why I avoid seeing traditional doctors when I am sick (unless advised by an ND) even though there are many out there that would give me great healthcare like the one in New York did years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment