Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mouthwash



When I started brushing my teeth using an all natural toothpaste, I immediately started missing the chemical infested toothpaste that I used to use.  The natural toothpaste did the job, but I was used to the clean feeling the chemical toothpastes gave me when I woke in the morning.  Even though I would brush my teeth again in the morning, I still couldn't stand that nasty feeling in my mouth that I would wake up with.  After I started using Jason at night after brushing, it was as though I never switched to natural products.

I really like this mouthwash.  It's a Jason brand and the image above, tea tree oil and cinnamon, happens to be my favorite of all the flavors.  This one makes my mouth feel clean and my dentist, to my surprise, recommends tea tree oil for oral hygiene.  (My dentist knows that I don't like synthetic ingredients and he is very supportive of that.)  Tea tree oil is a wonderful antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal agent.  It's is in some of my household cleaners to fight germs and it’s in Triguard to help fight disease, so why not use it to fight bad breath, right?  I'm happy that I can finally wake up without that nasty taste in my mouth.

Jason can probably be found in health food stores like Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage.  If not, it can be ordered online (see "Jason" link).

No comments:

Post a Comment