Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ecology

Yes, this site also supports the health of our environment.  What good it is to our health to pollute and poison the air and land?  A healthy planet will support the health of the life on it; that includes us.

There are a few simple things that I do in order to look out for our planet.  Recycling is something I make a point of doing.  I’ve been living in my sweet new home for over a year and I confess that haven’t started composting yet.  That is a project that I am looking forward to starting.  I want to have a system in my household like at Whole Foods where there is a bin for compost, a bin for recycling and a bin for “landfill” which we should avoid putting things into as much as possible.  I do everything I have to in order to prevent from using the plastic shopping bags, when I do use them I try to recycle them somehow (even though there aren’t many ways to do that).  I refuse to use any synthetic poisons in my yard (harsh chemical pesticides and herbicides).  I have an apple tree in my yard and I’ve researched and found pesticides that aren’t hard on the environment.  I even found one that can be used on certified organic crops.

The above is just pure common sense.  Even though we’ve created a pretty toxic environment, I believe that we can make it better if we take steps to heal what we have damaged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment