Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Politics and Health

These two concepts really don’t mix well, at least not the way we try to mix them right now.  There was a lot of information posted the last couple of days about the vaccine controversy to chew on.  I admit openly that I myself have learned a lot.  As a result I see things in a different light and I feel that I’ve been changed forever.

Politics was never my favorite subject, but the more I dig for answers about health the more I see a political world all tangled up in areas where it does not belong.  For example, if scientists found that there could be something wrong with the vaccines then there should be questions asked and studies done.  There is a correlation between the number of vaccines given to children and the number of autistic children in this country.  Now, correlation may not imply causation, but it DOES imply a need for further observation especially when there is an epidemic that we may be creating out of ignorance or fear of looking at facts.

Even before I knew what I know now, I had so many questions about how the world of traditional medicine is operated.  I don’t understand it.  I had to be burned a number of times by the medical world before I was shown another medical world.  The medical world I discovered in my young adult hood, made more sense scientifically but it wasn’t clear why it was so unpopular.  The more I learned, the more frustrated I got and now no longer trust in the first world of medicine that I was introduced to.  I believe there are many MDs who are in the profession to help people, but I will still put my trust in the world of naturopathic medicine.  Now more than ever, I know it is by far the best decision that I’ve ever made and I dare believe my children will reap the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment