Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Garlic

Garlic is great stuff for almost any bacterial and viral infection.  I usually fight off stomach bugs with some apple cider vinegar, but the last time it happened I just crushed a whole clove of garlic and swallowed it; I was fine right away.  A doctor taught me to soak fresh garlic in water and put a couple of drops of the water in each nostril at the first sign of a cold.  It stings, but whoa baby does it work; especially with a nasal infection.

After a good long day of rest yesterday I went to the chiropractor, ate and went to bed.  I went to bed last night feeling so much better than I did the night before.  Then in the middle of the night, I woke up feeling like I was going to come down with a nasal infection.  Those don’t usually last very long, but they are VERY annoying.  I was doing the fake fever again last night since my husband is still sick, but did not expect this nasal thing to creep up on me.  First thing this morning I drank some Triguard, then I soaked some fresh garlic in water and put a couple of drops in my nostrils.  The roughness in my throat from the oncoming nasal infection went away and snuck up on me a few minutes ago so I just put a couple of drops more garlic water up my nose.  It’s gone again, but I’ll keep watch.  It’s harder for me to fight off diseases with my husband sick too.  Besides that, my immune system has been weak for the last couple of weeks in the first place.  My doctor told me that sometimes it can take a while for the body to recover from a miscarriage and I’ve been having different issues with my health since. 

If I could beat the cough yesterday then I can beat this darn nasal infection.  And believe me, I intend to beat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment