Monday, December 27, 2010

The Fake Fever

My husband brought a bug home with him this weekend.  Of course, in his sleep he was coughing on me all of Saturday night so I picked it up as well.  I spent all weekend trying to fight it off with him, even before I had symptoms.  Yesterday my throat was scratchy despite all of the preventative steps that I took on Saturday.  I did the wellness fizz, olive leaf extract, green tea, ate lots of raw food and boned up on vitamin D and I still had a scratchy throat at the end of the day.  It didn’t look like I was going to beat it.  Then I remembered the fake fever!  A massage therapist that I traded with taught me this.  The fake fever is when you dress for bed like you are going into a ten below zero snow storm, but you crank the heater up to eighty or ninety degrees.  I drank some Triguard last night before going to bed and I drank some first thing this morning.  I beat it folks!  I still can’t believe that it worked, but I beat the cold before it hit me; even with my husband coughing all night last night as well (he chose not to do the fake fever).  I’m still all bundled up in my fever clothes and I’m going to sleep off what is left of the virus, but I feel my body healing.  Even though my throat is a little scratchy this morning, it's going away.  Usually by now I would have a sore throat and a cough.

I thought that I would share this victory with all of you; especially since I was beyond the beginning stage of my cold before I tried the fake fever and it still worked.  If you are at the beginning of a cold or flu, remember the fake fever.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment