Monday, December 6, 2010

Vaccine Controversy

The vaccination controversy is a very, very difficult subject to write about.  I just want to be clear that I’m not advocating either side.  I will openly admit there are some vaccines that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole because they are so unnecessary; at least for me (for example the flu shot).  The ones that concern me are the ones for children/babies.  The measles can be a nasty disease to have, for example; at the same time the amount of children who have been disabled as a result of vaccinations like MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) is also frightening.

Personally, from all of the information that I’ve received on both sides; I am currently at a point where I will most likely decide against immunization when it is my turn.  The thing is, because it's such a gamble, each parent must choose between the possibility of two evils.  Do you vaccinate at the risk of disabling your child or do you decide against vaccination at the risk of them catching a horrible disease?

I felt the following video offers good information from both sides which is why I chose to present it (although the message seems to be a little more in favor of vaccination).  I intend to also present videos that lean more toward each side in the future to give as much information from each side as I can.

As always, I welcome your comments.  Enjoy the following!



No comments:

Post a Comment