Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fighting Cold and Flu: Scratchy Throat

Okay, so we tried all of the prevention methods but now there is a scratchy throat situation; what now? Well I will share with you what some doctors shared with me.

A brilliant doctor from Stone Point Institute in Mesa, AZ once shared a very painful but effective way of combating a sore throat. She said to mix fresh garlic in some water and put some drops of water up your nostrils when you feel a cold coming on. She said all respiratory infections from cold to flu to pneumonia start in the nasopharynx.  I have to say that even as much as it hurts, it almost always worked (the only time it didn't was during that year that nothing else worked for what ever reason.)

I found Wellness Fizzto be a much more pleasant way to go. It’s been more effective over the last couple of months. I suspect that my immune system is stronger now than it was for the last year and a half of my life before that. I’ll put garlic water up my nostrils when that isn’t working. I also take something a little stronger like Triguard. I will post more information on these products soon.

Hope this helps. I encourage and welcome other home remedies that you feel works for you.  If you have an effective method, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment