Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Coconut Oil

One of the reasons why my doctors like coconut oil so much is because it does not turn into trans fats when it is heated.  When I purchased it, I had no idea how dependent upon it I would become.

Coconut oil has multiple purposes in my house.  In the kitchen, I would use for cooking and for oiling up my cast-iron pan.   I would put a little extra in the cast-iron pan to brown chicken or fish.  But now the use of coconut oil crossed over onto health and beauty purposes.  Both my husband and I use it as a moisturizer and a hair conditioner.  I don’t wear make-up all that often, but it's a fabulous make-up remover when I do.  When using it as a hair conditioner, my husband must use a tiny tip of it otherwise his hair can become very oily and he’ll have to wash it again.  I, on the other hand, can use more because my hair is so dry.  I’ve learned to put the oil in while my hair is wet though.  This way my hair absorbs so much of it that when it dries it’s soft, but not oily.  It's easy to over-do it, so just experiment to see how much is appropriate for your hair.  You may be like my husband where you can stand to rinse some out or you could be like me where you just put it in as a leave-in conditioner after your shower before your hair dries.

We now keep two containers in the house at all times; one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.  I’m so happy to finally know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment