Friday, December 3, 2010

Fighting Cold and Flu

Tis the season to be congested, but who really needs that, right?  I certainly don’t.  There was a time in my life when I was so proud of the fact that I didn’t get sick very easily.  I remember being in a class right next to a woman who was coughing throughout the whole lesson and I still came out okay.  Within 8 years I had one nasty flu, laryngitis and a mild nasal infection.  For someone like me who had sore throats every other month when I was in second grade, that is a fabulous track record.  For some reason that I still don’t understand, over the last two years I was getting colds and flu at the drop of a hat; not to mention a sore throat that turned into a horrible ear infection that had me in bed for a whole month.  It started about seven months before I moved out here but again, I'm not sure why

It improved over the last six months.  So far I’m not getting sick as much as I have been over the past year and a half.  One factor could be because I’m more focused on doing things that I enjoy such as bewellmyfriends.com.  Another factor could be because I’m going to an excellent chiropractor regularly.

What can we do to prevent cold/flu and what can we do when all of our prevention methods fail?

Within the next few posts I will be addressing the following issues:
1.    Preventing cold/flu
2.    Combating cold/flu when prevention fails (which it just does sometimes)
3.    Vaccine controversy
4.    Swine flu

2 comments:

  1. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR NEXT FEW POSTS ADDRESSING THE WHOLE COLD & FLU PREVENTION. I'VE READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT VITAMIN D & ITS ROLE IN COLD & FLU PREVENTION. WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin D is VERY effective when fighting cold and flu. Please see the "What a Chiropractor Does When He is Sick" post.

    ReplyDelete