Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Recovering from Mistakes

Different experiences in your life may inspire healthy changes that you would like to make in the future.  That is fabulous, but you may have days where you are weak.  Even though I’ve strived to live well since high school, my old habits still come back and haunt me once in a while.  I imagine that others trying to change will go through something similar.  I can promise this from my past experience, being hard on yourself may only make it worse.

It is possible to own your mistake without being harsh with yourself.  You are responsible for the mistakes that you make just like I am responsible for eating the wontons last night.  When we give into temptation we give up our power.  When we own our mistakes, we regain our power.  I now own the power to make the decisions that will encourage me to make healthy choices in the future.

Negative experiences are only good for one of two things or both:  to learn from or laugh at.  If you look back on a mistake and you aren't learning from it or laughing about it then you are better off just letting it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment