Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Updates on The FDA's Draft Guidance on Supplements

The FDA would like to implement a "pre-approval" system on supplements.  This could potentially raise the cost and decrease the production of supplements.  DSHEA, implemented back in 1994, was developed in order to prevent things like this from happening.  According to DSHEA dietary supplements are NOT considered a conventional food therefore the FDA doesn't have a place in this matter.

When I called Senator Michael F. Bennet's office, I was told there was a hearing about it today.  I'm still trying to get more information on the outcome.  I will post the moment I have any additional updates.

Once again, I urge you to take action.  Click here to take action.  Please call your representative today.  To those of you who made a call, I thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment