Saturday, September 24, 2011

Healthy Living and Social Life (Part II)


Mixing my eating habits and my social life is often very difficult, however, I don't mean to give the impression that it is always that way.  It is often difficult to go to regular restaurants and not eat anything.  It is also difficult to watch my own husband eat sugary, processed foods full of GMOs.  I can't stand it to be honest.  Despite how difficult that is and how often that happens, there are a few ways that my social life gave me so much support.  In one particular way, my social life saved me.

During my college years “good eating habits” were defined and redefined often.  Late in my college years I wanted a diet without meat, wheat, dairy or sugar like Dr. Gary Null suggested for many of his clients; but I didn’t know what a diet like that looked like.  In other words, I know what I can't eat, but what can I eat?  Very soon after I created this goal for myself, I met someone who was in the last phase of chemotherapy.  She had to eat nutrient dense foods that had little or no toxins per her doctor's advice.  She ate organic foods like I did and she rose to the challenge of eating foods free of meat, white flour, dairy and sugar.  It was because of her why I was able to finally make those changes.  It was because of her why I knew what the eating style that I was pursuing looked like.  I thank my Lord everyday for her and she will never know the huge roll that she played in saving my life.  I’m grateful that she is now my best friend; in fact I often quite appropriately call her my sister.  She is one of few that I can turn to when I need support in a matter of health.   


No comments:

Post a Comment