Monday, September 19, 2011

Defeating Temptation (Part V)

When I was in college, I wanted to start exercising.  I had many reasons why, but I didn’t have time to exercise… or so I made it seem.  The truth was, I found weight machines and treadmills boring.  The obstacle was lack of motivation.  When lack of motivation is the problem one solution is the Mary Popins trick.  You know, "a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down"?  Of course, I don't mean this literally because sugar makes me ill, but the question was how do I "sweeten" the idea of exercise?

I joined this aerobics instructor training program at school where I was paid $5 for every class that I took.  On top of the money I got for taking classes, I actually enjoyed step aerobics.  My best friend from high school would go with me most of the time.  Eventually I had to teach a class, but once I got the hang of it I was hooked forever.  I loved teaching classes; especially step aerobics!  On top of the aerobics classes, my roommate and I would walk for two miles every weekday morning.  Walking with her was more than our workout, it was our bonding time.  We eventually got our other roommates to join us and we all became a close household thanks to our two mile walk every weekday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment