Saturday, September 17, 2011

Defeating Temptation (Part I)

Believe it or not, there is a trick to defeating temptation.  Again, it depends on how badly you want to attain your goals.  When you lapse, the most important thing to do is not to panic or beat yourself up. 

Chocolate was my weakness for a very long time.  Because sugar was the worst thing for me, I avoided chocolate as much as I could.  I noticed that when I started feeling sad or helpless, I would have cravings for chocolate.  So sadness was my trigger.  When I was a single woman I was sad a lot!  When I bumped heads with a bad date the first thing that I wanted when I left was some chocolate; chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate bars, chocolate pudding, chocolate ANYTHING!  I heard a psychologist once say that women crave chocolate when they need a hug.  My best friend was on the east coast and wasn’t around to hug me when I needed one all the time.  I had friends on the west coast, but at the time I really needed my best friend.  For one thing, she was like my sister but another reason why I really wanted her around in particular is because we tended to go through eerily similar things (such as having boyfriends with similar issues at the same time).  I would call her after a bad date, but if she wasn't around the next solution was always chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment