Monday, September 26, 2011

Fasting (Part I)

This past weekend I needed another cleanse for a few reasons.  First, it is getting cold and I wanted to do at least one more cleanse before fall begins.  Second, I've been experiencing an allergic reaction to something (I suspect food) and I wanted to know what I'm reacting to.  Third, I've been feeling nauseated from time to time and I wanted to understand why that was happening as well.

My doctor warned me about cleansing when it was a colder season.  She explained that our bodies tend to hold on to nutrients more when it is cold because there were times in history when nutrients were scarce in the winter.  Because of this, fasting in the winter time could cause the body unnecessary stress.  I felt that it was important to cleanse one more time before this year was out.  This is a good time for me to do it because my migraines seem to be gone and other than the slight nausea and the runny nose that I've been having, I've been feeling really good.  I've been able to get more done thanks to the increase in my energy.  I'm also trying to get some vitamins that another doctor recommended for me.  According to him, when I start taking these vitamins there should be noticeable improvement on my health.  I felt that it would be great if I started taking the vitamins once my body was detoxed and feeling good to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment