Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fasting (Part III)

Within 24 hours after I broke my fast the sniffles came right back.  I'm going to check with my doctor about this one. The only thing that I can think of is that the sniffles are a side effect from detoxing. 

After working for two years in a health spa where people came to detox and get some exercise, I learned a few things.  One of the first things that I learned from massaging people who came to me after doing sweat lodges and juice fasts is common symptoms of detoxification.  The most common, in my experience, were headaches and runny noses.  I can't even remember how many people came to get a massage with headaches and runny noses.  The problem with that guess is that other than the fasting this past weekend I haven't done any other detox program.  The closest that I came to a detox program was that my eating habits have changed drastically in the past two months.  Over the past two months my body has been doing a lot of healing.  My energy increased and my migraines went away; but now I'm stuck with these darned sniffles.  Oh, and there is also some congestion in my throat that causes a little coughing; yeah, that came back too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment