Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Parties and Gatherings

It's amazing how difficult it is to choose good food sometimes.  I was so comfortable at my friend's wedding reception knowing that the food was both organic and kosher (it was a Jewish wedding).  I wish that I could go to more gatherings or restaurants with the same confidence about the food.

There is a 60% overweight or obesity rate in this country and people are actually asking why that is so.  If everyone thought of things like my friend did for her wedding reception, we wouldn't have that kind of problem.  It makes me so sad because we are all pressured to look like the skinny or buff models on magazines, but the choices in food that is available dooms us to fail and turn to liposuction or some crazy diet program that further robs people of the nutrients that they need.

I often wonder what I can do to change this.  As I become the change that I want to see in the world, I experience constant resistance; even anger!  Many people don't want to know how to be healthy, they want to know how they could look like this and feel like that without making changes. 

I keep spreading what I know anyway because I refuse to not have hope.  I hope that maybe if I keep dropping seeds, one day one of them will sprout and blossom.

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS. KNOWING WHAT
    IS GOOD & BAD FOR YOU BOTH PHYSICALLY & EMOTIONALLY IS KEY TO A HEALTHIER LIFE. ONE HAS TO BE WILLING TO LISTEN, ACCEPT & MAKE CHANGES INORDER TO LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Sadmira7! I am one who knows that the choices aren't always easy, so I can completely understand why people either don't choose a good lifestyle, or procrastinate. Ultimately each of us are responsible for our health, however, and if we want to live a quality life then we better learn to choose it.

    ReplyDelete