Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Chemical Imbalance II

I also want to be clear that just because neurofeedback saved me that may not be what everyone else with depression needs.  If there is a problem with the thyroid, for example, it could cause depression.  Neurofeedback therapy may help the depression in a case like that, but then what about the thyroid?  In other words, neurofeedback isn't treating the PROBLEM in that case.  In that particular case if the thyroid is healed, the depression will go away.  Each individual needs to be tested to see what the problem is exactly.  Such testing exists however unpopular.

As someone who used to have depression, I know that the condition is very, very real.  My family also knows that it is real because they witnessed my many, many years of suffering.  But this is the reason I fight for the alternative routes.  Medicine may have stopped episodes for the year that I was on it, but neurofeedback therapy is what cured me forever and saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment