Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Celiac Disease

For the longest time I thought that I had Celiac disease until one day I eliminated all gluten foods from my diet for a little over a month.  It turns out that gluten doesn't hurt me, however, I don't do well with bread (even whole grain breads) or rice (and I only ate brown rice).  I found out recently that I can eat sprouted grain breads but I'm still working on an alternative to rice because my husband and I eat mostly vegetarian meals (we eat meat occasionally).  Rice and beans with cultured veggies is the easiest thing to make for dinner (although beans can take some time to prepare). 

I just received insight from an individual who suffers from Celiac disease that sometimes the symptoms don't arise right away.  This made me think.  I no longer feel that I have a reason to test for Celiac disease, however, I don't want to be blinded by arrogance either.

I'm going to explore this matter further; hopefully I can get some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment