Saturday, June 11, 2011

Unfair Portrayal of Healthy Food

Contrary to the unfair portrayal that healthy foods have in America, I actually enjoy the foods that I should be eating. 

Many of the cookies and cakes that are suppose to be irresistible, kind of make me gag.  Don't even get me started on fast foods; you've seen the videos that I've presented.  Sugar doesn't even make me feel good, it makes me tired and even irritable.

When leafy greens are cooked or prepared properly, they could be VERY enjoyable.  I usually steam kale, but I had it once cooked in garlic and oil and it was AMAZING!  I love making sandwich wraps with lettuce in lieu of bread.  Egg salad or chicken with a little onion and red bell pepper wrapped in butter lettuce is delicious.  As far as flavoring my homemade pizzas; NOTHING gives pizza it's flavorings like red peppers, basil, garlic, onion and other such wonderful foods.  I chop up older veggies and cook them with the pizza for flavor and then put fresh raw veggies on the pizza when it is cooked and cooled for the flavor and nutrients.

I admit that it took a while for my body to get here; but as I've promised, once your body is rid of all the toxins you will not want them anymore.  

For those of you who are going through an elimination process (getting rid of toxic foods from your diet); how do you feel you body has changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment