Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Attitude Toward Wellness: Part VI

Attitude is everything in the journey toward wellness.  It doesn’t play a small part it truly is everything.  Your attitude will determine whether or not you will find an effective healing modality, it will determine who will win the battle between you and disease and it may even determine who will win.

Viktor Frankel, a brilliant psychologist who found himself in a concentration camp during the Holocaust, observed that the people who were most determined to get through the war and have a proper life got just that.  The ones who felt that they couldn't go on didn’t make it.  My mother was a nurse for many years and she has seen how people have some control over when they die.  In other words, if they don't want to go yet, it is probable that they will not go yet.  This is most inspiring to me because it says so much about attitude.  This is why my faith is my most important asset.  I believed that I was going to heal from depression and I did.  I believed that I was going to get married, get a graduate degree and have a house and I now have all of these things.  I am not the only one who understands the power of a positive attitude; it just makes it more personal and real for me.

Do you believe that you can get well and live the life of your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment