Friday, June 24, 2011

3 Year Old Vegetarian Part II

This is the second part of the 3 Year Old Vegetarian series to answer a question that a woman had about her son that would not eat meat.  Here are more great meals and snacks that your three year old may just love. 

There is a snack in particular that my inner child just LOVES; raw red bell peppers dipped in hummus.  In fact, hummus makes a great dip for many vegetables such as carrots, celery, blanched asparagus, cauliflower (raw or blanched) and any other bell peppers go great with hummus as well.  If your little boy eats a bowl of rice with this snack, then that is a full meal.

Breakfast is easy.  Fruit with some yogurt can be very tasty; I would experiment and see which ones he likes.  My personal favorite is yogurt with apples, cinnamon and nutmeg with just a tiny tip of maple syrup (which is optional).  It doesn't really need to be sweetened with the maple syrup, but I like the flavor of maple syrup with that particular yogurt concoction.  I've also put yogurt on peaches and nectarines, but then I don't add the maple.  Whole grain hot cereals is my favorite kind of meal in the morning.  My hubby likes hot cereal with apples, cinnamon and nutmeg.  I add about a fourth of a cup of amaranth to all my hot cereals; it is a grain that contains protein.  This meal is great because it is so filling.

Any more tips?  As always, questions, comments and furthermores are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment