Friday, June 10, 2011

June Book of the Month: Finding Your Own North Star

Some of you may have bought the book, some the journal and some both.  I purchased both, but used the journal far more than the book.  Since all of the exercises are in the journal and it is designed to have things written in it, I used it more.  The benefit of having the book, however, was the details that she gave about the concepts that she talked about.

When I was in college my social self, as Martha Beck named it, dominated everything that I was.  I just started listening to my essential self more in the last couple of years because I realized how listening to everyone except myself wasn't working out for me.  It was, in fact, making me very ill.  When I first moved to Colorado I went against everything that my essential self told me.  I drove out here crying the entire trip.  I recently started to listen to the voice of my essential self again about six months ago.  It was and still is the hardest thing to do; yet I thank myself constantly for doing it.

Be Well My Friends one project that helps both social and essential self work as a team.  This is partially how I knew it was my calling.  I've never regretted it, I've learned so much by doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment