Sunday, June 5, 2011

Got Pills? Part III

One of the first things that impressed me about the Maximized Living chiropractor that I went to several months ago was the bucket of old prescription medications that he had in his office.  I learned later that most if not all Maximized Living doctors have this bucket in his/her office.  Each bucket is filled with prescription medications that patients actually used to take, but no longer need because their bodies are healing or healed.  I've known for a while that for most medical issues, medication isn't the answer.

There may be times when the body needs medication like antibiotics for example.  I find it to be a rare occasion that drugs are ever necessary though.  Bronchitis, for example, is an infection that many prescribe antibiotics for.  I have found this to be unnecessary (it is best to see a physician, like an ND, to get treatment for any disease).  I asked for advice from a doctor who instructed me to do a treatment done in Russia using raw honey and an onion.  Sometimes the body gets overwhelmed and it just needs a boost to heal.  Sometimes that boost is with drugs, but more often drugs are unnecessary. 

It cracks me up how alternative medicine is disregarded and portrayed as non-scientific.  Meanwhile, many drugs like Vioxx that is construed as science based medicine has been found to be unsafe.  Vioxx was simply recalled, but if just one method of alternative care had such results, Big Pharma would attack the world of alternative medicine even more harshly.

No comments:

Post a Comment