Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Clean and Healthy Life

I don't find living a healthy life to be difficult anymore; well, not as far as having cravings for the wrong things anyway.  I have more of a desire for the foods that are good for me these days.  What I find most difficult is trying to help the people around me to understand why I am so dedicated to sticking with my dietary habits.

There is a family gathering tomorrow that I'm looking forward to.  Of course I won't be eating anything, but I'll be enjoying the company.  I know people have a difficult time with my eating habits, but I sometimes wish that they would be more understanding.  Many people feel that eating badly just "one time" won't hurt.  I respectfully disagree; especially in my case where many of the foods that I avoid tend to have an immediate and daunting impact on my body. 

All I have to hope for at this point is that my family and friends get as use to my discipline as I am.  It's comforting when I eat with friends who know what I know and eat the same way or have even more restricted eating habits.  I just wish there were more choices out there for people like us.  Who knows, maybe one day there will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment