Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Aid: Stye and Conjunctivitis

I trust that most of you would check with your doctors whenever I share health my health practices before trying them yourself.  They all work wonders for me and most of them I've practiced for years, however, you know your body,  medical history and sensitivities better than I do.

I used to get eye problems constantly, especially in my right eye; conjunctivitis (pink eye) and styes mostly.  The first time I had a stye I didn't have a doctor but my acupuncturist told me to put a hot compress on my eye with bancha tea.  I placed the warm teabag over the stye and it worked beautifully, the swelling went right down within a few minutes.  It usually came back the next morning but it would decrease and it was gone in a few days with the consistent therapy.  The problem is, conjunctivitis followed very soon after.  I tried the bancha tea, but that actually caused my eye to become inflamed.  I still didn't have a doctor at the time and my acupuncturist had to refer me out for pink eye.  By the time I saw the doctor my eye was pretty bad, because I had to wait for several hours for a doctor to return my call.  I came very close to going to the hospital, I'm grateful that it didn't come to that.  When I walked into my doctor's office my eye was very red and sore; also, my vision was blurry.  Basically all the doctor taught me to do was to wash my eye out with eye cleaning herbs.  She also had me take some homeopathy to kill the bacteria and help my eye to heal faster.  With each time I cleansed it, it increasingly felt better. 

Unfortunately, I had many eye infections back then but I haven't had any at all for several years until last week.  I had my first stye in about three or four years.  It went away in about two days with the treatment.  Hopefully, it stays out of my eye this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment