Friday, June 24, 2011

3 Year Old Vegetarian Part III

Here is more information in regards to a question about a 3 year old who will not eat meat.

If he will eat eggs, that is GREAT! Eggs and butter are both significant sources of vitamin A and  far superior to a supplement because his body will absorb more vitamins more easily when it is from food.  It is also a good meter for how much vitamin A he gets; it is important never to take too much vitamin A.  When it is acquired by our meals, it makes it difficult to get too much.

I love boiled eggs with a vegetable medley.  For example, I'll eat it with tomatoes, basil, salt and olive oil; or with cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives and bell peppers with salt and olive oil.  I can't have toast anymore, but I used to have some occasionally.  My doctor says that any crackers, toast, pastas or flour made foods aren't the best choice, but I do have crackers or pastas occasionally as a treat although I do make sure that it is whole grain.  If you (the mom) and your little boy are toast eaters, you could make some vitamin toast.  It is toast with butter, Salba seeds, brewers yeast and kelp granules added.  If you don't want the toast, you could do what I do and just put those ingredients on his eggs directly.  This just enriches his meal with nutrients.

So there are many options that I've discussed in three posts.  I'm sure there are some recipes that I haven't even tried yet.  If anyone has any other suggestions, questions, comments and furthermores; as always they are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment