Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sustainable Living: More Helpful Tips

Patti Moreno took a creative and clever approach to sustainable living.  For those of us who can't be where she is right away, we can take baby-steps toward sustainable living.

Recycling is one way that many of us practice sustainable living.  Many clothes, shoes and other items were made from recycled material.  Composting would be another fabulous way to reuse and keep items out of landfill.  My parents compost so that they could have great soil for their garden.  I'm going to create a worm bin so that I could start composting small amounts of kitchen scrap.  From the improved soil that my little worm friends help to create, I will raise vegetables.

What is good for the environment, tends to be good for our health as well.  So I advocate exercising habits that cultivate a healthy environment.  I'm always learning how to do better and look forward to the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment