Sunday, June 26, 2011

Healthy Living Blues

It frustrates me sometimes that eating out has to be so difficult.  Actually, sometimes just eating seems so difficult.  Whole Foods used to be a safety zone for me, but it isn't any longer.  In fact, it never really was.  It's better than regular grocery stores, but I still have to be careful.

There are some companies that insists on the cheap unhealthy GMO ingredients even though they try to parade around as healthy.  The Zen Bakery muffins that I used to love has canola oil in it; in other words, it always has been infested with GMO.  My husband bought some rotisserie chicken for dinner the other night per my request, it has canola oil in it.  There was an organic spinach and artichoke dip on sale at Vitamin Cottage last weekend.  I thoroughly checked the ingredients.  It was organic all the way.  What I didn't check were the corn chips that I spread the dip on.  If it wasn't organic, again, I ate more GMO.  There were some vitamins that I have been taking for MONTHS and I checked the ingredients only to find that it has soybean oil in it; AGAIN more GMO.  So I found new (and I may add cheaper and better quality) vitamins just last week and they are wonderful.  I also bought these flax seed oil supplements from the same company; it has SOY; so more GMO!

It is so unfair!  It is almost unavoidable unless you make all of your meals from scratch!  I now eat virtually NO processed foods at all; organic or otherwise.  Processed foods in my diet right now include supplements and whole grain matzoh.  Occasionally I have some mustard and I used to have mayonnaise occasionally as well; but every mayo that I've checked so far has canola oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment