Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Milk

In the last post I advised switching from conventional milk to organic milk.  Many of you have seen "The Meatrix" cartoon which I myself found interesting.  The video about Monsanto also gave information that was consistent with "The Meatrix" as far as what they give the cows (antibiotics, growth hormones...etc).

I'm hoping that the laws about purchasing raw milk changes.  As long as it is labeled properly and customers know the risk, there is no reason why raw milk can't be sold.  Some feel that it can make you sick, but shouldn't I get to choose if I want to risk it or not?  If a farm is willing to take the risk and sell raw milk, don't they get to be responsible for their actions?  Mc Do***ds food can cause obesity and other illnesses but people can choose to take that risk.  Even if a customer does get sick (with obesity, diabetes...etc) because of the food, they can't sue Mc Do***ds.

So in other words, I can risk getting sick in pursuit of food that tastes good, but I'm not entitled to take that same risk in pursuit of my health?  I'm sorry, I strongly feel that this is an area where the government hasn't any business intervening.

No comments:

Post a Comment