Thursday, February 24, 2011

Healthy Relationships Forum

There is a very high divorce rate in this country which tells me that many of us lack the skills to maintain a healthy relationship.  I thought that a forum to discuss this issue would be helpful to many.  To be clear, this forum is to help those in relationships, to support those who seek relationships, and to help some prepare for relationships.  The Healthy Relationships forum is also to support your relationships with parents, children, roommates, friends, relatives and in-laws as well as spouses, boyfriends and girlfriends.

It is important to take a critical look at how you view yourself because you conduct yourself in your relationships accordingly.  For example, do you remember the post where I talked about a relationship that I had back in college with a sweet and loyal boyfriend who was very superficial?  Well, I pointed out that I was a big part of the problem.  I attracted someone who was superficial because I saw myself on a very superficial level.  I finally got my wish and found an attractive guy who thought that I was attractive.  Unfortunately, he couldn’t see far past the physical; but that reflected how I saw myself.  It is mistakes like this that would be good to point out.  When you become healthy and strong, you will find a relationship that is as healthy and strong as you are. 

Again, in this forum, how you see yourself and others may be scrutinized.  Therefore, this is one area where re-registration may be beneficial for some.  With your identity protected, you can talk more freely about your issues and seek help from myself and others.

Re-registration is necessary in order to use the forums.  Click here for simple step by step instructions on how to re-register and use the forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment