Sunday, February 13, 2011

Liver

If there is one organ you should be sure to take care of it’s your liver.  I am being treated for some liver issue that threw off my hormonal balance (low progesterone) and caused a miscarriage last year.  I felt the effects of my low progesterone for years, and it would cause excruciating pain each month unless I used progesterone cream.  I had no idea, however, that it would cause a miscarriage.  My doctor is currently giving me something to give me my liver some support, which has resulted in higher progesterone levels.  As a result, I don’t even need the progesterone cream anymore.

There are simple ways that you can take care of your liver.  My doctor in San Diego recommended a coffee enema.  I wouldn’t suggest this unless you are receiving guidance from a doctor or health professional as I was.  From my experience it seemed very easy to get hurt if you aren't sure of what you are doing.  For a gentle liver cleanse, I have an occasional cup of milk thistle tea.  I usually take my tea without sugar but if you really need it sweetened, I would suggest some stevia or steep the tea with dried goji berries.  There is another liver cleanse that is very gentle and yet so very effective, which is a castor oil pack.  A doctor told me about castor oil packs and that it is a good practice to do it twice per week.  She told me that it is so gentle that doctors use them on babies, but so effective that it helps the livers of recovering alcoholics.  I usually do a castor oil pack when I feel like I’m coming down with something, but I really should do it more often.  It isn’t that difficult and you can fall asleep with it.  Dr. Gary Null suggests beet juice to support liver function and he also seems to recommend chiropractic care.  As for the chiropractic care, I feel I’ve been very clear about how I feel about it.  It is definitely helping me in more ways than I thought it originally would and I dare to believe that it will do even more for me.

There are many different health issues that can arise from an unsupported, weak or sickly liver as I have experienced and learned.  So be sure to take care of that liver and stay well!  :)

Below are some of the products that I use.  To purchase, please click on the "buy from amazon.com" button below the product of choice:

No comments:

Post a Comment