Friday, February 11, 2011

Hormones and Weight Loss (Calorie Counting)

I was on a Jenny Craig diet when I was in college.  I don't advocate Jenny because of all of the preservatives and other junk in the food.  If you have problems with weight, you are probably ill and not undisciplined and lazy like you may have been taught.  This is an unfortunate and very wrong connotation, that overweight people are lazy, undisciplined or that they eat too much.  This may be the case with some, however VERY few, but this is NOT the case with everyone.  I believe, in fact, that in most cases there is a toxicity issue.  Every last one of my friends who came to America from abroad gained weight at some point.  Some lost the weight and others gained more.

I know I've mentioned in prior posts how I feel about calorie counting.  If that is what you've been doing to lose weight only to see your weight constantly fluctuate, STOP IT NOW!  You aren't helping yourself and you aren't doing anything good for you body.  The problem may more likely be a hormone that isn't functioning properly (leptin, thyroid...) and what your body needs to do is heal.

Here is a doctor from Maximized Living that feels the SAME WAY about calorie counting that I do:




No comments:

Post a Comment