Sunday, February 6, 2011

Checking Ingredients II

I'm not trying to pick on McDonald's food.  There are MANY foods sold in supermarkets that are equally as bad and sometimes worse.  I posted the ingredients in this McRib Pork Patty for two reasons; BHT and BHA.  I remember a few years back, a girlfriend of mine took a biology class where she learned about BHT and BHA.  She told me about this particular lesson.  Her class was taught that both of these preservatives can cause cancer.  To give an example, the professor showed the class what one of the two preservatives (I believe it was BHA specifically) do to cells.  First they took some cells from inside of the mouth.  Then the students applied some BHA to the cells.  The students watched in fascination as the BHA very quickly mutated the cells.

McRib Pork Patty:
Pork, water, salt, dextrose, BHA and BHT and propyl gallate and citric acid (preservatives).

Often, you would find BHT in the PACKAGING of a product (which I wouldn't buy either).  This clearly shows that it is IN THE FOOD.  What is much worse is that it isn't one or the other but both in the sandwich plus other preservatives as well.  I no longer wonder why it takes these sandwiches so incredibly long to decompose.  I'm sad for anyone who eats this regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment