Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Decreasing Toxicity: Achieving Step 1

There could be an array of issues that block someone from being open.  One issue is trust.  If I don’t trust the source I myself may not be open to it, however, I rarely poo-poo information without looking a little further into it.  I will research; gather as much information from as many different sources as I can find and then I compare information.  If there is consistency (especially from solid sources), then I may believe it, but if too many questions are raised, I may keep looking.  Another issue is credibility; most of us know that taking health advice from any Joe-Shmoe isn’t wise.  You’d literally put your life in a stranger’s hands not knowing what his experience or motives are.  This is why I ALWAYS advise others to take health advice from this site and double check with your doctor.  MDs may or may not agree with my way of life, however, there are many credible professionals that advise people to live the very way that I live and advise others to live.  The very NDs who advised me or the nutritionists or researchers could all explain with more depth why you should filter fluoridation out of your drinking water for example.  My own dentist will not use fluoride infested products in my mouth at my request, nor does he push fluoride on me because he KNOWS it isn’t healthy.

Being open doesn’t mean that you just take information from anyone.  Openness implies listening and acquiring information.  Openness is just the willingness to move on to step two which is education.

No comments:

Post a Comment