Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Key to Victory over Candida (Part 4)

Feeling discouraged, frustrated and defeated I went back on my hateful eating regimen.  In the days to come I had to face more fatigue, a terrible flu and more yeast free diets... then finally, just the other night out of nowhere, it hit me.  It was like a light bulb came on illuminating something in my memory that was rather bizarre.  The first time that I had to do the yeast free diet without the help of the yeast killer I recovered very, very quickly; in HALF the time that it took me with the yeast killer in fact.  What's odd is, I accidentally had a daily intake of sugar (organic cane sugar) during that speedy recovery period.  Because I don't eat pork, my meat choices are limited; so during that week I had beef and turkey bacon.  I had bacon almost every single morning for those two weeks for breakfast.  What didn't occur to me until I was healthy again was that bacon contains sugar!  Confused?  Well, so was I!  Until last night when I remembered that comment my friend made so many years ago; "It's always the low-meat eaters and the no-meat eaters who have this problem."  It kept echoing in my brain for several minutes until I finally picked up the phone and left my doctor a long message.  This morning she called me.  When I told her that my candida overgrowth problem seems to occur most viciously when I eat vegan for just a few days, she wasn't surprised in the least.  She told me that in her own experience and the experience of other naturopaths that she knows, the sickest people who come to them are vegetarians.  She said that there ARE people who are natural vegetarians and for them it's the opposite; they do well on a vegetarian diet.  People like me, however, are meat eaters and do best when we consume a lot of meat.  THAT'S why I had such a speedy recovery.  I was eating meat three times per day everyday without fail.  The key to being victorious over candida is meat... at least for me.  Although according to TWO of my doctors PLUS a nutritionist that I'm seeing, it may be the case with many others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment