Monday, January 14, 2013

Hot Tubs



My hubs and I love soaking in hot tubs.  We always used to take our swim gear on road trips in case we stay at a hotel that has one.  I have one problem with hot tubs though; bromine!  That is some nasty stuff, bromine.  I can't believe I used to soak in hot water that was full of that stuff knowing now that the skin absorbs some of that stuff... disgusting!  I found and posted about natural pools several months ago, but I haven't posted about natural hot tubs... until now!

There are many ways to keep a hot tub clean without the use of bromine.  I was surprised to hear that ozone was one way that some do it.  Obviously, this is a cleaning method used when everyone is out of the tub since ozone is so toxic.  There are also other cleaning products that I will be exploring.  Some that I heard are just enzymes that keep the tub clean when it is not in use.  Of course, these enzymes don't hurt the skin.  In fact, if anything, I would imagine that it's good for the skin.

I'm looking at a variety of these hot tubs that are made of wood and use no synthetic chemicals in them.  If anyone has any further information about natural hot tub products, please, don't be shy about commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment