Thursday, January 3, 2013

January's Book: The Homesteading Handbook


I've been hearing much talk of modern day people homesteading.  I admit I thought modern families living off of their land were romanticizing the idea of homesteading; for the homesteading act of 1862 was repealed in most states by 1976 and Alaska repealed in 1986.  Little did I know, in the last few years homesteading acts in several states around the nation have actually been implemented!

I've become inspired by the idea of homesteading.  I don't know if it's something that I'm going to pursue, but my hubs and I are sure having fun doing the research.  There is a lot about this idea that is tempting; at the same time, however, there is a lot about this that is scary.

This month I thought that a book that offered information on homesteading would be cool.  There are many who are toying with the idea and I would like to post information to help others make a decision about it.  This month's book, "The Homesteading Handbook" will be a nice start to those who are looking into a life on a homestead.




No comments:

Post a Comment